Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Notebook - Nicholas Sparks

I never enjoyed reading romantic novels...n then once a friend recommended "The Notebook". I was jus running out of novels...so i gave it a shot... From the moment i started reading it, i just couldn't stop.The ever lasting love of Noah n Allie really touched me.I found the best part of the novel when Noah reads out their love story to Allie in the hospital.The book is all about being in love with a person truly madly n deeply.Their love blossomed during a summer, then abruptly ended with the end of summer, then after few years (i guess 7) they met again....the times mite have changed n so their attitudes...but one thing that didnt was the feeling that they held for each other...the feeling of endless love....n they end up being together.
A few lines i loved from the novel : -
"My daddy used to tell me 'the first time you fall in love it changes your life forever, and no matter how hard you try, the feelin' never goes away. This girl you been tellin' me about was your first love. And no matter what you do, she'll stay with you forever."
WOW..what a book.Ohh yes...n the movie based on it has done complete justice to the novel.

3 comments: